Condos for sale in Bangkok
Condos for sale in Bangkok offer a huge choice of types and locations in which to buy one!
Conservative estimates are that, following exponential growth over the last 20 or so years, currently there are now over 560,000 condos in Bangkok. Almost certainly something for everyone in terms of style and location. Some 20% of such condos are in the recognised Central Business Districts (CBDs) of Silom/Sathorn and, of course, the “linear” CBD of Sukhumvit.
Preferred locations to look for condos for sale in Bangkok
Bangkok’s most popular locations in which to find condos for sale in Bangkok’s central areas include: Silom/Sathorn, Prime Sukhumvit between Sois 2-26 (Prime SKV) and Central Lumpinee (CL).
A level behind in popularity are areas such as Sukhumvit Soi 44-70 & Sukhumvit Soi 65-103, Surawongse/Samyan/Siphaya, Charoenkrung/Narathiwad/Rama 3, Ratchada/Rama 9/Ladprao, Phahonyothin/Phayathai, Petchburi Road, Charoen Nakorn/Thonnburi and Bangsue/Tao Poon/Pracharat.
Popular peripheral and still developing areas for condos for sale in Bangkok include: late Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 105 and 70 to Samutprakran), Eastern Bangkok (Bangna, Srinakarin, Ramkamhaeng, Theparak, Romklao and Chalermprakiat Road), Northern Bangkok (Ngamwongwan, Chaengwattana, Rattanathibet and Sanambin Nam Road), Southern Bangkok(Petchkasem, Ratchapruk, Kalaprapruk, Charansanitwongse and Wutthakart Road) and late Ratchada/Ratchayothin/Late Ladprao (Ratchada, Ladprao, Ratchayothin Road, Kaset Navamin, Ramindra and Nuanchan Road).
Urban transit systems have boosted Bangkok condo development
The advent of the BTS (Skytrain) and MRT (underground rail), the city’s two mass-transit rail systems has boosted the pace of condo development across Bangkok.
As these lines continue to expand their coverage across the city, this growth is especially true for many of those non-CBD areas mentioned above. Almost every new BTS or MRT station has nearby condos for sale in Bangkok and the immediately surrounding areas.
Condos for sale in Bangkok offer so much variety
A buyer looking for condos for sale in Bangkok certainly has plenty of choice as the there are numerous Bangkok condos for sale by owners or developers.
However, it’s always wise to establish your key criteria in terms of budget and location before starting to seriously look. This will save you an enormous amount of time. For example, some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you looking for a condo sale in Bangkok in one of the traditional CBDs or near a BTS or MTRT rail station?
- Do you want to buy a cheap condo in Bangkok, perhaps under Baht 1 million? There are still some available…
- Or are you looking for something more luxurious with a budget of Baht 10-20 million or even higher, perhaps into the Baht 30-50 million range?
- Is age a factor or are you happy to buy an older condo in Bangkok? Many older blocks have retained their character and value, and are typically larger in terms of living area.
- Or do you prefer to buy a new condo with more up to date amenities but in arguably less central locations?
- Another key factor is the number of bedrooms. If you want to buy a good sized 3- or 4-bedroom condo in Bangkok your choice may be relatively limited. Few new developments within the last 10-15 years have included such types of condos.
If you’re interested in a Bangkok property as an investment opportunity or vacation home, condominiums really can’t be beat. Take a look through the available Bangkok condos for sale above and connect with an experienced Bangkok real estate agent.